Purpose of Role
Leading a HR & Admin team in a growing and impact focused organization, this role will focus on driving a robust and dynamic HR function that engages and develops talents, manages performance and is big-picture oriented to enable our growth. In summary, the role is responsible for building a strong, fun, and productive culture: less rigid, more heart.
- Update HR strategy and policy to remain consistent with evolving business objectives, people requirements, and general good practice for continued growth.
- Foster and build relationships with key stakeholders by developing a clear understanding of the various business units and how they can be supported by HR as a business partner.
- Proactively anticipate and identify organizational human capital development needs and recommend strategic initiatives to address them.
- Improve the overall recruitment strategy by overseeing the implementation of contemporary hiring approach to ensure we have the right people, in the right roles, at the right time, for our business needs.
- Execute a comprehensive strategy to improve the overall experience of the organization’s workforce, including employee onboarding progress, creating programs to promote a strong employee experience, career development and improving the overall workplace culture.
- Champion the implementation of capacity building through learning and development initiatives to support identified gaps.
- Leverage data intelligence using HRIS metrics to manage and optimize human capital management within the organization.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current legislation relating to labour relations, employment law and standards to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Lead employer branding initiatives to acquire and retain great talents.
- Proactively build external networks, within and outside of the manufacturing industry, to build your professional and market knowledge and to bring insight and ideas to Senior management.
- Oversee the smooth running of all HR departmental operations such as health insurance, payroll administration, compensation/benefits management, rewards and many more.
- Supervise all administrative activities through the admin team on travel management, housekeeping, vendor management amongst others.
The ideal candidate
- Should have previous experience working as a progressive HRBP preferably in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Should have experience executing (and ideally designing) change management, performance management, coaching, employee engagement, total rewards processes.
- Should know how to include people and make them feel a part of a broader purpose. You should be instinctively drawn to people with diverse experiences and skills and recognize the attributes that come together to form a powerful and inclusive team.
- Should be convinced about the power of culture, believe that culture eats strategy for breakfast and understand the role of HR in developing culture.
- Should be motivated to help people learn, stretch, and excel. You should be a leader who brings out the best in others by creating leadership and opportunities at all levels.
- Staff well-being, welfare, and engagement comes naturally to you.
- Should have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication and presentation skills, attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Should be a data-driven, decision maker and pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in human resources management in a leadership capacity
- BSc or MSc in related field (MBA is an added advantage)
- Relevant professional certifications such as CIPM