Purpose of Role
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative and organizational support to Chief Operating Officer, helping to manage tasks, schedules, and daily responsibilities within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
In summary, the role will require you to work across a diverse range of activities that include providing proactive and highest standard of business support to ease the administrative burden of the COO.
• Calendar management: Effectively manage the COO’s calendars scheduling meetings and responding promptly to meeting requests to make the most efficient use of time.
• Business travel: Prepare travel itineraries, agendas, booking of flight, hotel, transportation and visa applications (where applicable).
• Expenses: Making purchase and/or collate and process expenses of the COO through the appropriate channel.
• First point of contact: Making sure that all appointments are scheduled efficiently, and the COO is updated beforehand. This also includes highlighting and responding to relevant internal or external emails if necessary.
• Event/Meeting coordination: Setting up and coordinating different meetings applicable to the COO and assisting with preparing agendas, materials, minute taking and follow-up actions.
• Communication: Managing information flow and following up on deadlines and commitments.
• Admin: Preparing documentation and presentations, including correspondence, briefs and reports, and researching and collating material to support decision-making and project initiatives. Also, proofreading and clearing correspondence before being signed by the COO.
• Project Management: Coordinate all internal and external strategic projects assigned to the COOs desk to ensure timely completion.
• Other ad-hoc duties for the COO such as supporting personal tasks and errands as needed.
The ideal candidate
• Should have experience, or equivalent experience in providing PA support to senior managers.
• Should have exceptional attention to detail.
• Should be hard-working, motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Should possess exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
• Should be accountable, embrace developing and applying professional expertise.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously through excellent project and time management skills.
• Balances creative thinking with execution and commitment to continuous improvement.
• Should be proficient in software packages, especially in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Should have the ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
• 1-2 years’ work experience in any industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field; NYSC completion is a must.